wedding style, the current joy of my life... follow along with me as i plan our aug 08 wedding

My Valentine

Feb 13, 2008

so my dad gave me my valentine's gift a little early, but i'm pretty sure i'm gonna love this gift and use it for a very long time!

thanks dad...

well it wasn't jewelry, candy, or a cute stuffed animal, no... it was a computer program! maybe to the average girl it might have been received with a yawn, but i'm not your average girl.

Bento is a personal database program, which will help so much for organizing my real estate business contacts, jewelry company contacts, friends and family, MOST IMPORTANTLY manage my guest list.  the latter was the main reason he picked it up on his trip to the Apple store.  i've been wanting to send my save the dates (STDs, it sounds terrible i know!) since about the ohhh... the day i got them from magnet street  but i needed a way to print the labels with all the addresses i've been stockpiling.  i had been keeping a database spreadsheet with all this important info, and when i couldn't figure out the best way to print the labels, i called my handy dandy local Apple store. what did i find out? oh, that none of the programs on my 1 month old laptop would help! $1000 for this.... as i was about to start grumbling...

dad to the rescue, he tells me about this great new software Filemaker came out with, called Benito??? well that same handy dandy apple store guy kindly corrected us and said it's called Bento, and yes it would be very helpful in solving my problem.

i'll update once i've spent time working with it, and give feed back about the program, but i'm pretty sure it'll suit me just fine!

0 comments: