wedding style, the current joy of my life... follow along with me as i plan our aug 08 wedding

Cheers!

Mar 31, 2008

prior to being engaged i always thought it would be cute to have our toasting glasses 
say "Mr. on his & Mrs. on mine".... a very trival detail i was concerned with huh? 
shows where my pre wedding planning priorities were!

but all i could really come up with were flutes that looked like those pictured above.
but they just weren't the "look" i was going for... i wanted something with more of an heirloom-ish quality (is that even a word?)

then thanks to my parents, we were given our toasting glasses, etched with our wedding date on them, along with these adorable tees from a time when we were adorable little children! =)
here's a picture of us opening our gifts at our engagement party.

here's a picture of a flute up close, i didn't have one of us actually toasting with them... go figure!

now this still did not remedy my desire to do the cutesy Mr. & Mrs. for the glasses.
then..... i was stalking my photog's previous weddings and out it jumped!
i don't know if you can tell what it is, but it's a simple card stock tag with colored ribbons at the base of the stem.  so... woo hoo, i get my Mr. & Mrs. wishes!

i bet this minor detail with drive my fiance nuts, but i love surprise small details at weddings. i think it's really cool to see how thought out every little element is.

what great lengths are you willing to and are going to to personalize your weddings small (yet noticeable) details?


0 comments: