wedding style, the current joy of my life... follow along with me as i plan our aug 08 wedding

let them eat cake

Mar 27, 2008

let me just preface this post with this note: 
I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE CAKE

now that that's outta the way, i'm starting to care about the cake... bah...

i don't know what to do, it's kinda like Goldilocks, i can't find just one cake that suits me
just right.  one's too typical, this other one's not traditional enough, will it look good with my flowers?  is it unique enough to satisfy this bride who used to not give a hoot about 
the wedding cake?

well my friends i guess this wedding attending yet non-cake-eating girl does in fact care about the overlooked cake... especially since most wedding guests don't overlook the cake.
in fact they tend to stare right at it, until it is cut and sitting right in front of them, for their sugar filled enjoyment!

here are many styles i'm wrestling with

i dig this one's shape and that's about all...



i like the ribbon and the hydrangea placement of this cake, also i dig it's height


this was my matron of honor's cake, made by my cake lady, 
note the fresh cherries, raspberries, and black berries!  i will for sure use blueberries for ours


now this one oh la la, j'adore le design! the sweet details look like the lace on my dress! 
i'm leaning toward the details of this but a different shape cake

love the way the orchids cascade down the cake, reminds me of a waterfall... sigh..



yet another cake with sweet details, these are less laborious for the person piping the details

anyone starting to care A LOT about what you previously thought were "minor" details in you wedding plans?  

0 comments: