wedding style, the current joy of my life... follow along with me as i plan our aug 08 wedding

Waxing and Waning over my centerpieces...

Mar 10, 2008


prior to visiting my florist to see my manzanita mock up, i had visions of grandure when thinking about how amazing they would turn out.


well, here's the picture of how it came out -


i like the overall idea (minus the hydrangea in the branches), the only problem is, it goes straight up! most of the pictures i've seen of manzanita centerpieces the tiny branches have been removed and the substantial branches seem to meander outward while going up. not a complete vertical look.  

i took my dad with me, after all he and my grandmother are very talented with floral stuff, so i wanted his opinion.

he wasn't the biggest fan of the this centerpiece idea... so i might be going back to the drawing board.  my problem is i would like some variation in height on my centerpieces, so here's a picture i borrowed from photographer Stacey Kane, that my dad and i both like a lot.
this one is simple yet beautiful and i can either fill the bottom with shells (to suit the nautical theme) or leave it as rocks (since a rock was engraved for the proposal).

this is why i'm waxing and waning over these two ideas, i like them both but if my florist can't read my mind on the manzanita, then i don't feel its a good idea to push it.  not to mention the second centerpiece idea with be a heck of a lot cheaper, and it still looks fabulous too!

ugh, i don't know what to do... any suggestions?

1 comments:

Joyful Weddings and Events said...

Hi Blair!

I just found your blog by looking at my tracking device on my blog- I am so glad that I did! Your jewelry is beautiful! I'm going to go check out your etsy page tonight :)

Thank you for putting my blog on your links- I really appreciate it! I would love to know how you found it. What venue did you end up choosing? I loved looking back at all of your posts- I love your ideas. It is so fun that you are documenting the whole planning process- I love it when bride's do that!

I also just wanted to let you know that the photo you used in this post was actually taken by Jasmine Star at one of my weddings... Just wanted to make sure she got the credt :)

Take Care!