wedding style, the current joy of my life... follow along with me as i plan our aug 08 wedding

diamonds are a girl's best friend - i just liked the slogan

Mar 27, 2008

i'm a little behind on posting our recent wedding to-dos, 
i've been working far more than usual!  it seems that just as it's 
becoming wedding planning "crunch time", there is far less wedding planning time to utilize....
no wonder many brides would gladly take a hiatus from work
to plan their weddings full time.
most nights i find myself up till 2 and 3am catching ups on my to dos!
hmmm... note to self go to bed after this post! HA!

on to the real topic: wedding band shopping
albeit, this seemed to be way more fun for me!
i have had my eye on a specific style Cartier combo that i really dig, and have for ohhh... 
the whole time we've been engaged! in fact every time i see it in a bridal mag, i rip it
out (as though i'm going to loose the previous tear out, 
or i might even forget what it looks like).  

well here's an option the jeweler showed us for my band:
these are small prong set diamonds and my diamond would be reset on a new band

to be quite honest, my mom likes this set up, i'm not sure i am a fan though... 
i like my diamond set as is - a solitaire on a plain band.

here's the option more like my Cartier plan:
2 bands you ask? why yes!

awhile back i saw a "platinum wedding" where the groom gave the bride
her 2nd band as her wedding gift, in addition to the "wedding band".
i liked this idea so much i told a lot of my girlfriends, hoping they would drop hints for me to the FI. so when we got to the jeweler, he didn't seem to flinch as i had expected when telling
him what i had dreamed of.

with the 2nd option i really like that i can leave my engagement ring as it was originally given to me... for obvious sentimental reasons, but i also like that it looks more balanced than the 1st option.  those bands don't sit flush in the picture, since they're not custom for my ring, if they were, they would 
lay nicely next to my engagement ring.


added bonus: FI ring... 

i really wanted to get him a "precious metal", yet he really like the
 non-scratch, non-ding, nothing-can-ruin-my-ring-even-if-i-tried titanium option... 

here's a white gold option i really liked

i'll leave you with this... which of my ring options do you vote for?  also anyone absolutely prefer the titanium option for groom's ring, or do you back me in that it's better to stick with the traditional precious metal for his band?

0 comments: