wedding style, the current joy of my life... follow along with me as i plan our aug 08 wedding

hello my name is blair and i'm a plan-aholic

Mar 13, 2008

i swear i'm going crazy... crazy to the point i'm losing sleep, i have to-do list for my to-do lists! i know this sounds absolutely nuts, but if you are a bride, i think depending on how together you are, you will at some point feel the overwhelming rush of details that need to be planned, decided upon, or simply get checked off you master list of fun stuff!


i honestly love planning things, but now that we're talking about my one and only wedding, i am afraid of making one bad call, missing something majorly important, or just forgetting/ overlooking a central detail.

i'll be the first to admit, i spend a good amount of quality time on wedding blogs, Weddingbee is one in particular that i consult... ohhh.... on a daily basis, if a not morning and night to divide up reading the daily postings from all the current brides-to-be. it has been a great resource not only for my wedding and my many many DIY wedding projects, but also for Joie de Vie Jewelry (my wedding jewelry business)! i don't know if this is due to my current state of mind, but i have been noticing lately that the girls with a similar time frame till their weddings, and those with the dates fast approaching, are loosing their minds too!  that, temporarily provided me with some solace.

i just don't understand how i was so calm and collected about planning, had it all under control,  and have now turned into this insomniac, ocd, bridezilla bordering person??!?  i did vow at the start of planning not to become a bridezilla, i love details, but i will not, terrorize friends and family's with my wedding plans and tragedies.

i guess the bottom line and solution to my problems is to :
  • A) detach myself from my computer (not good, there would go my late night blogging)  
  • B) the D word: delegate, ugh, i'm a control freak and i know it, and i have a hard time believing that anyone other than myself will get the job done, or even get it done to my liking!
  • C) let go of some of the details - i - just - can't - do - that!  i knew i had a problem when my bridesmaids told me they would wait to hear what i had planned for my bachelorette party and all i needed to tell them was when, where and how much to pay... that comment wasn't a slap in the face mind you, it was them telling me to let go of some things! i.e. showers, bachelorette party, small details they CAN help with... maybe the more sleepless nights i encounter, the more likely i will be to take them up on it! 
sorry for the rambling, but my life seems like it's being consumed by this wedding, which is a day where i will marry my best friend while enjoying the company of our closest friends and family... all i really want is to be able to slow down and enjoy it all...

0 comments: