wedding style, the current joy of my life... follow along with me as i plan our aug 08 wedding

my 2nd wedding dress...

Apr 1, 2008

so... like many other brides, you wonder when you order your wedding dress 9 months out, if it really is the "one"... i am no exception to that.  i really loved my initial choice of wedding gowns, but now that it's here, i'm not so sure... i really hate that i've wasted the money too, but i think i can recover some of the costs by selling it via ebay or the classified on Weddingbee.com

so what have i decided on now you ask?

well i present to you my new style of wedding dress options....

Medieval: since my FI is Scottish & Irish, i though this would be a 
great way to incorporate his family heritage.
here are 3 other options, i really like the one with the belt, which could be used after the wedding!


this one is a unique take on the corset, i like that it laces up the front, since so many wedding dresses have the corset in the back of the dress. also, i really dig the velvet, which will be great in August!

i could even go non-traditional and tie in our blue color scheme, and have my dress in this color.  after all, lisa ling recently wore a red wedding dress... color is the "new wedding white" after all! of course i could actually use this one as the BMs' dresses, since we're having ordering issues with the JCrew ones... just a thought!
before i go making another wedding dress purchase, i'd really appreciate everyone's input on my dress making decisions...

What day is it today????

since i can't bear to make anyone else panic... yes ... April Fools people, calm down!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

at first i was like.. umm... what? but half way through i realized. just when i thought you were CRAZY i figured it out, nice trick girl! but... can i wear the belted one the day of the wedding?

Unknown said...

Oh almost had me. UM NO! haha! Oh Blair. I thought I was going to have to sit down with you and have a little chat. hahah! XOXO

Anonymous said...

WOW! Crisis averted! You almost gave me a genuine heart attack!!! Pheeeew!