wedding style, the current joy of my life... follow along with me as i plan our aug 08 wedding

a Bento Update

Apr 16, 2008


since i have really started using/ understanding the gift my dad gave me for Valentines day
i thought i would take a second and give y'all the goods about it.

my dad and i like, scratch that LOVE computers and software, yes we are computer nerds, 
but my nerdiness(sp?) is your gain.

i've been using the bento program for a few things,
but wedding planning has been its primary purpose.

the program is fully customizeable, they organization of it breaks down to either the overall view of the "table" list (shown in 1st photo) and then the "details" pages which is the individual view of (in the case of my guest list) each guest.

here's a screen shot of our whole wedding guest list - viewing the table portion

in the left section you can organize the different address books, and sections within Bento. for example you can have one for you soft ball league, work associates, club members, business inventory, guest lists, and so on... i have 1 for wedding, all contacts, and 1 for inventory for my jewelry business.

in the center section it contains the quick view of all the fields (rank, name, address, contact)

the right most section is where the custom fields can be created, then dropped into the center workspace.

this next screen shot is of the Details section of the list

and yes, we do have a Jerry Garcia on our guest list, and no, he is of no relation! =)

here i have made a custom form for each of our guests, the form has a field for these items:
  • name
  • guest name
  • address
  • notes
  • date save the date was sent
  • check box that STD was sent
  • date the invite was sent
  • check box that Invite was sent
  • a pull down bar with Y or N RSVP
  • number of guests attending based on RSVP


here's a screen shot of the Details of my jewelry inventory
i was able to tailor the form to include:
  • design name
  • materials used/ amounts
  • category (necklace, earring....)
  • item number
  • stock quantity
  • cost breakdown
  • total cost to produce
  • resale price
  • and photo of item
the more i use this program, the more i realize it is a very powerful tool for storing/ organizing a lot of information in one easy place.

how have you tried to stay sane and organized with all the info and details thrown at you while planning your wedding?



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Blair!!!
Just wanted to drop you a note to say, -very cool post!!!
As a bride-to-be (and apple lover) myself, I was looking for something like this to organize and plan our destination wedding in Peru next March. I knew address book was just not enough, so when I discovered Bento a few weeks ago I got really excited. I'm a project manager for an architecture firm in Vegas, so you can imagine how important this is for me!! I will upgrade to Leopard in the next couple of weeks and just jump in! You have really inspired me, -thanks!!.
Oh, and did I mention we have a baby on the way too? -This will really help out to organize the baby shower, thank you notes, announcements, etc!!!
Interestingly enough, I am also looking into starting a very small jewelry-importing business later this year. I will send you some pictures sometime of the beautiful handcrafts we do in Peru!!
Best wishes for you and your fiancee!!
-Melissa Burn