wedding style, the current joy of my life... follow along with me as i plan our aug 08 wedding

Drum roll please...............Gocco Part 1

Apr 8, 2008


i did it... i finally tested out my print gocco!

last night i overcame my fear of messing up the gocco screens or wasting bulbs.

let me pause here for a momentary flashback about my interest in the gocco....

while following along with the Weddingbee blog, i kept trying to figure out what this commonly posted "gocco thing" was... and finally one day i stumbled upon this 
how to etsy tutorial and it helped my understanding!

not only did i understand, i started looking for pics of what this little contraption could do....
i found these beautiful invitations:


so here's what i recieved in the mail from leslie of alittlegoodness etsy shop
1 gocco printing unit
a 4 pack of flash bulbs
drying rack
came with red, gold, & black ink
2 high mesh screens
carbon pen for freehand designs
ink blocker (keeps ink from going where it's not supposed to go)
i ordered some extras:
a free hand drawing pad
6 extra colored inks
some extra bulbs (should've gotten extra screens too)

here's a pic of my first screen - it's different styles of 
"thank you" 
&
"merci beaucoup"
i figured i'd fill up the screen, there's no sense in wasting a whole screen on 1 thank you!



after the thank you screens, i burned the details screen with 2 brocade patterns 


now stay tuned to see how the screens actually print on paper... i'm getting nervous again!
i may take me a day or 2 to get over the fear of imperfection on my 1st print job!










0 comments: