wedding style, the current joy of my life... follow along with me as i plan our aug 08 wedding

showered with love, laughter and lace

May 27, 2008

(l - r: michelle, bm - erin, bm - meagan, me, moh - wendy, bm - shayna)

this past sunday, my high school friends/bridesmaids hosted my lingerie shower.  it was a really fun couple of hours.  and since i'm a counry girl at heart it had a western theme to it, from the decor, to the invites, and even the food! 
what's a lingerie shower you might ask? well, everyone showers the bride to be with pjs, lingerie, and other things for the honeymoon and married life.  thankfully my friends know me well (and i asked them to spread the word) and they kept it very tame!  after my maid of honor's lingerie shower, i realized i might be mortified if some of the items that surfaced at her's, showed up at mine.  thankfully everything was classy and 
 modest just the way i had hoped it'd be! =)

above is my SIL's picture perfect ribbon bouquet creation!


a glance of the gifted goodies... they were all so pretty and colorful 
(and i'm talking about the wrapping)!


the FOOD!
i love food and i love deserts, unfortunately, i didn't make much of a dent in the ones at the shower. so sad... we had a salad bar with all the fixin's for a southwestern salad and sweet pepper corn bread (which i need the recipe for), and homemade brownies, and my BM Shayna's famous sugar cookies to match the theme in cacti and cowboy hats!
also - you'll see those buckets above again, i will be using them for potted hydrangea  throughout the wedding decor - they sell for $.97 at Wal Mart! this is just another way i can recycle them after the wedding.... hmm

below: me trying to enjoy the great lunch right as i was told it was time to go inside so they could "grill" me with questions...... 
loving my forehead wrinkles...eeshh

k so i went from stuffing my face with food - to bazooka bubblegum!
let me explain: wendy, my MOH, called my FI earlier in the week and asked him 20+ questions about a variety of things - which she explained she was going to grill me with in front of everyone at the shower!  for each i answered incorrectly i had to chew a piece of gum.... 
the pressure was on!
there were a few "trick" questions, which i called my FI out on after the shower, but wendy still made me take the gum, even though my FI told her wrong answers (i'm just a little competitive, can you tell?)  for example: what day did you and Blair meet?  i said the second week in May, 2002 - well he told her May 5, 2002... we most certainly didn't meet on cinco de mayo, and i know that for a fact! what i do know is we met during the second week USC's spring finals.... o'well...
so glad to get rid of the gum!  so much for my clean feeling teeth... oh and i ended up with 6 pieces of gum to chew... and a very unsuccessful bubble blowing attempt
 (for which i will spare you the photos)

here's BM shayna, the semi - pro photog, and if it wasn't for her i wouldn't have any of these pics - thanks shay!!!

this apron is absolutely ADORABLE! it has little sea-horses (matches our soon to be nautical themed home), has ruffles, and little bows on the pockets too!  and you must be wondering why an apron at a lingerie shower?... well... it's what my friend's mom told me is "lingerie for the kitchen", i kid you not!   

kristin - a febuary bride, next up after me, and the winner of our clothes-pin wedding taboo game!


clearly i'm a big fan of this one, so cute with all the little ruffles.... although my face isn't totally convincing, it was one of my favs after trying it on - thanks cels!

ok so here's the kicker:  my FMIL couldn't make it to the shower, she lives in salt lake city, but she did send a fabulous lingerie item which i opened at the very end.... what was it????

oh Hanes Her Way High Waisted Briefs...... 
**crickets chirping**
just as i was about to die to show them to anyone.... i discovered a note in the card from her saying "just kidding about the first gift" and a Victoria's Secret gift card.... oh heart attack over!
this is also the reason for the laughter in the photo above and the next 3!
phew...
above: the look on rochelle's face (bottom right) 
says it all when we discovered it was a gag gift! =)

the most special part of having a shower of this nature is to celebrate what my FI and i have( well actually have not) done in our relationship.... we're saving ourselves for marriage.  i'm not trying to toot my own horn, but the fact that we've done this at the age of 25 is really somthing to celebrate with a lingerie shower!

so thanks to everyone who made the shower so much fun, and for celebrating this milestone with me!

all the girls after the party

the high school friends again, hamin' it up
** new trend for the ribbon bouquet: my fair lady hat... naahhh that'll never fly**












0 comments: