wedding style, the current joy of my life... follow along with me as i plan our aug 08 wedding

my wedding shoes

May 19, 2008


k... so my wedding shoes have not been at the top of my wedding attire to do list, 
to be quite honest my attire hasn't been at the top of my wedding to do list!
is that a little strange?? i'm a bride to be, not worrying about all the accoutrements....

well on my trip to JCrew today to return the extra BMs dresses i had taking up closet space, i snooped a little and checked out these espadrilles i've loved since i saw them in the early spring catalog.
you can find them here


they've bounced b/t full price $98 and the sale $79 
well i tried these puppies on and oh now they are down to $59... oh yeah AND JCrew is running an additional 25% off sale merchandise..... 

that means my wedding shoes were a HUGE steal!
i believe $44 was the price before tax

i know you're probably thinking these don't look like typical wedding shoes...

well these were my requirements for shoes:
gold or blue sandal (our colors are blue)
wedge heel - preferably cork or espadrille (since the ceremony is on grass)
comfy
and an ankle strap to help their dance-ability 
(i think i just made up that word) =)


have any details of your wedding just fallen in your lap without you spending many long hours debating and fretting... like my shoes did today?

man i'm on a roll picked up my dress thursday (finally, the salon isn't babysitting it any longer), found the twigs & honey orchids for my hair, and my shoes in a matter of days
my list is getting shorter!

who am i kidding... it's still really long....

1 comments:

Unknown said...

So should I rush out and order a size 6.5 for the wedding? Lemme know missy! xoxo