wedding style, the current joy of my life... follow along with me as i plan our aug 08 wedding

a fiance-free, no peeking kinda post

Jul 4, 2008



i really mean it...


 Justus - 


under


no


circumstance

 
do 

 
you 


want 
 
to 

go

past

this

point!


!

!

   - ok i think i'm getting a little overboard here  =)



so my wedding dress is done... yippee! it's been done for a few weeks, this is one thing i'm proud to say didn't end up on the procrastination list! and if you know me, you know that's a huge deal

this post is really about my fabulous seamstress than my dress, but i threw in some ivory eye candy for those of you dying to see the dress.

so aside from standard alterations, i was having trouble with this :
in the above pic the fabric kept slouching on my torso (the one feature of my dress that i was not happy with)... not to worry, my fabulous seamstress Thanh fixed the problem!

Thanh works from her home and sews/recreates dresses, and also does alterations in the evenings as a hobby... but her talent is much greater than it should be for someone doing this as a hobby!
She showed us photos of designer dresses she has duplicated, and she's amazing... she is clearly one very gifted lady! 
i came to her as a referral from a friend of mine at work, and when she looked at me in my dress she knew exactly what to do! as when she ran through the laundry list of alterations my dress needed, my mom and i braced ourselves fearing for my wedding budget... but there was nothing to fear, not only did she finish all my insane alterations in 10 DAYS!!! she was so affordable!  so thank you toni for the recommendation.... you're a life saver.

here's the back view: she was showing us how the bustle would look once she was finished.

above: this is just and poor quality up close shot of my train and its details.

we were so impressed with Thanh that my mom dropped off all her materials last night for her to start work on her MOB dress!

have alterations been a breeze or a nightmare for any other brides?

also if you're in the LA/OC area and would like to contact Thanh, i'm happy to pass her info along!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I was trying to comment on this portion, not the one I actually ended up posting under, sorry about that! Well, I said it before and I'll say it again, you look STUNNING!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

can you email me the contact information for your seamstress? Thank you!

Jwerger@gmail.com

jenniferocious said...

i would love her contact info :) naomi0730 at gmail dot com

starfish said...

I love your dress, who designed it?

Blair Britt Events - JDV said...

holy moly i had no idea my updates were turned off for these comments -

@newport nuptuials - it's st. patrick (pronovias) "real" style

Unknown said...

Hi,

Can I please get the information for your seamstress as well? Thanks!

Unknown said...

it would probably help if I gave you my email address: Jyang007@gmail.com. Thanks!